Manual Lymphatic Drainagefrom £40
Manual Lymphatic Drainage is a therapy which is designed to improve the functioning of the lymphatic system. This is achieved by gentle, rhythmical movements of the skin which stimulate the contraction of the lymphatic vessels.
As a result of this more metabolic waste products and excess fluid are removed from the body’s tissues and enter the lymphatic system.
Once in the lymphatic system the fluid is known as ‘lymph’ will travel through the system and will pass through a series of lymph nodes where it will be cleansed of dead cells, bacteria and other waste products. The clean lymph is then returned to the blood stream.
Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage:
- Assists weight loss
- Alleviates cellulite tissue
- Supports preventative health maintenance
- Detoxifies the body tissues
- Regenerates tissue, including burns, scars (pre- and post- surgical), stretch marks and wrinkles
(especially on the face)
- Relieves discomfort from fibro-cystic breasts
- Supports post-mastectomy health
- Relieves chronic joint and muscle pain
- Removes pathogens via the lymph system
- Reduces edema (swelling) of many origins
- 25 min
- 55 min